STRONGER VETERAN SUPPORT
America is falling behind when it comes to those who have fought and served for the freedom and protection of this country. We have many homeless vets, mentally ill vets, vets who are barely getting by and vets who can barely take care of their families. There shouldn’t be any reason why we cannot take care of some of the most important members of our society. We must build a strong support system for those who have served in our military.
What's the Plan?
- Work to increase the presence of more doctors, nurses and medical professionals in the VA.
- Guarantee Healthcare to all veterans
- Expand the VA mental health and suicide prevention programs
- Expand eligibility for the VA’s Caregiver Program to include not only those veterans with injuries connected to their military services but also illnesses, like cancer, blindness and dementia.
- Guarantee home and community based long-term care services
- End the long process of getting Veteran Benefits and help veterans get benefits faster
- Make sure military widows and widowers for receiving their Dependency and Indemnity Compensation and the Survivor Benefit Plan
- Universal Housing for all Veterans