STRONGER WORKING CLASS
The working class of this country deserves better from this country. Without the workers, this country wouldn’t be where we are today. It’s the citizens of this country that wake up every morning, work long hours and overnight shifts, to keep billion-dollar companies running, the same companies that contribute massive wealth to our country. CEOs today are taking advantage of these hard-working people and accumulating massive amounts of wealth that even exceed the amount of wealth of the country as a whole. We must ensure that American workers are treated fairly and are able to not only survive, but live and provide for their families.
What's in the Plan?
- Raise The Wage: The federal minimum wage today is $7.25 an hour and in today’s advancing society that is not enough to support a family or even a single person alone. I support raising the minimum wage to $15 dollars an hour and maintaining a wage increase with the rate of inflation.
- Paid leave: Fight to guarantee that employers give their employees paid family, medical, and sick leave.
- Lower the self-employed tax rate: Lower the self-employed tax rate for any self-employed worker making under $30,000 a year.
- Provide unions the ability to organize through a majority sign-up process: Allow the National Labor Relations Board to certify a union if it receives the consent of the majority of eligible workers. When a majority of workers in a bargaining unit sign valid authorization cards to join a union, they will have a union. If employers refuse to negotiate in good faith, we will impose strong penalties on those companies.
- End Union Busting
- Protect worker pensions
- Ensure that employees that work overtime get full wages instead of time and a half.
- Ensure that gig companies like Uber, Lyft, or any other service other nature pay employees a living wage.